Diana Hayden is an Indian model and actress. She is the third woman to wear the Miss World crown to India in 1997.
Diana Hayden was born on Tuesday, May 1, 1973 (47 years old; from 2021) in Hyderabad, India. His zodiac sign is Taurus. Diana Hayden went to St. Ann’s High School, Secunderabad for her elementary education. He enrolled at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, UK, to obtain a BA in Art and Drama.
Height (approx.): 5 ′ 8 ″
Eye color: Black
Hair color: Brown
Fathers and brothers
Diana Hayden was born into an Anglo-Indian family. Not much is known about his family.
Relationships, husband and children
Diana Hayden married Collin Dick, an American businessman, from Nevada on September 13, 2013. Diana met Collin in London as a tenant in their apartment. They later fell in love and were married in a private ceremony in Las Vegas.
Diana, at age 32, learned about the endometriosis technique and began to freeze her eggs for her future. In 2016, she gave birth to a girl with one of her frozen eggs. This technique proved successful for her and again in 2018, she gave birth to two twins, a girl and a boy using the same technique.
Diana Hayden began her career in 1997 by participating in the 1997 Miss India pageant and ended up winning the pageant. After winning the 1997 Miss India pageant, she had the opportunity to represent India at the 1997 Miss World pageant held in Seychelles. There he competed with 86 other contestants from around the world. During his final round of questions and answers in the finale, he was asked:
Why do you want to become Miss World? “
To which she replied,
I was inspired by a famous writer and poet, William Butler Yeats, who once wrote: “With dreams begins responsibility.” Well, for me, this title is that dream and the responsibility that comes with it, I appreciate that in some way it can make a difference and help the dreams of others. Thanks.”
Her presence of mind and brilliant response won hearts and made her the winner of the 1997 Miss World pageant.
Diana was also crowned “Miss World – Asia and Oceania” and won the captions for “Miss Photogenic” and “Miss Spectacular Swimsuit,” making her the only Miss World contestant to win three captions at any Miss World pageant.
Diana Hayden made her acting debut with the South African film “Othello”, A South African Tale in 2006 as “Emilia”. She made her Bollywood debut as Sheena Roy for the movie “Tehzeeb.”
Diana was also seen on the popular reality television show “Bigg Boss Season 2” as a wild card contestant for the show.
In 2018 Diana Hayden became part of a controversy when Tripura Prime Minister Biplab Deb gave a controversial statement against Diana Hayden saying:
Tell me, did he deserve it? People might say that I am creating a controversy. I can understand that Aishwarya Rai understands, at least she has traits of Indian beauty. “
Indian women did not use cosmetics in the old days. The Indians did not use shampoo, they washed their hair with methi water and bathed with mud. These beauty pageant organizers are the international marketing mafia, who spotted a huge market in the country. Today, there is a beauty salon in every corner of the country ”.
Diana responded to his statement saying:
We need to be proud of our skin (color). God knows, it is appreciated all over the world. Everybody wants to have our skin color. The last thing we need is for our own people not to appreciate it. “
Biplab Deb later added to her statement,
For the Indians, the goddess Lakshmi and Saraswati exemplify beauty. I don’t understand the beauty of Diana Hayden. “
Facts / Trivia
- Diana Hayden was born and raised in an Anglo-Indian family.
- He had to face separation from his parents when he was only 13 years old. The separation of her parents led Diana and her mother into a financial crisis due to which she began working at an event management company called Encorethis.
- While working at Encore, Diana also did a lot of modeling duties.
- Diana, at the age of 21, worked as a Public Relations Officer at BMG Crescendo (India) Pvt. Ltd., where she helped manage the careers of Indian singers Anaida and Mehnaz Hoosein.
- Diana participated in Miss India 1997 on the recommendation of her friend Anaida.
- After winning the 1997 Miss World title, Diana was hired by many big international brands such as L’oreal, Colgate, and Chopard to endorse their products.
- Diana is also associated with many charities and NGOs such as Child Rights and You, Greenpeace, PETA, and many more.
- She has hosted the Miss Europe events in 2001 and 2002.
- Diana Hayden is also the author of the book, “A Beautiful Truth,” released on June 13, 2012. The content of the book focuses on the development of personality and the development of confidence.