Shriya Sharma is a Bollywood actress who began her acting career as a child entertainer and gained fame for her role as Sneha Bajaj on the hit StarPlus television series Kasautii Zindagii Kay (2004-2005).
Shriya Sharma was born on Wednesday April 9, 1997 (23 years old; from 2020) in Palampur, Himachal Pradesh. Shriya went to Lokhandwala Foundation School (2003-2013) where she studied until grade 10, and then attended RN Podar School CBSE (2013-2015) through twelfth grade, both in Mumbai. He then went on to earn a Bachelor of Law and a Bachelor of Laws from Pravin Gandhi College from 2015 to 2020.
Height (approx.): 5 ′ 1 ″
Approximate weight.): 50 kilograms
Hair color: Black
Eye color: Black
Body measurements (approx.): 34-28-34
Family and caste
Fathers and brothers
Shriya’s father, Vikas Sharma, is an engineer and her mother, Ritu Sharma, is a dietitian. He has a younger brother, Yajat Sharma.
Shriya began working as an actor at the age of four. Her debut role was that of Lord Krishna on the Zee TV show ‘Kanhaiya’ in 2001. Her most prominent role was in ‘Kasautii Zindagii Kay’ as the young Sneha Bajaj, for which she won many laurels.
Shriya appeared on the StarPlus game show ‘Kya Aap Paanchvi Paas Se Tez Hain’ in 2008, where she and four other students (Dheirya Sorecha, Anubhav Motilal, Siporna Ghosal, and Milanjeet Singh) helped the contestants win a prize of 5 million rupees. The show was hosted by Shah Rukh Khan, and he often lovingly called Shriya his ‘princess’ during the show.
Shriya also appeared on many other shows, including Boogie Woogie, Carry on Shekhar, and Gumrah. She appeared on the EPIC channel’s ‘Stories by Rabindranath Tagore’ in 2015.
As of 2020, Shriya has 18 movies and many TV shows under her belt. He has done countless commercials for brands like Sunfeast pasta, Whirlpool, Relaxo footwear and Complan.
Shriya works primarily on South Indian films and made her debut with films, Jai Chiranjeeva (2005; Telugu), Sillunu Oru Kaadhal (2006; Tamil) and Soundarya (2007; Kannada). She was also seen as a child entertainer in other South Indian films such as Robo, Raccha, Tuneega Tuneega, and Dookudu.
Her lead actress debut was in the South Indian film Gayakudu, directed by Kamal G in 2014. Shriya was also seen as the lead actress in the film ‘Nirmala Convent (2016)’ alongside the son of South Indian superstar Meka. Srikanth, Roshan. Although the film was not well received by the audience, Shriya’s performance earned her many positive responses.
In addition to South Indian films, Shriya has also acted in Bollywood films such as ‘Thoda Pyaar Thoda Magic’ (with Saif Ali Khan and Rani Mukerji), ‘Knock Out’ (with the late Bollywood actor Irrfan Khan) and the 2011 Bollywood movie ‘Scream Party’.
In an interview, after winning the National Film Award for his role as Toothpaste in ‘Chillar Party,’ he said:
I have acted as a child entertainer in almost 15 movies so far and many other Tamil and Hindi TV commercials over the past 13 years, but at one point, I wasn’t sure if I really wanted to be an actress. But then in 2012, I won the national award for my role in Chillar Party and that completely changed my life. It was then that I realized that I had it in me to become an actress ”.
Awards, honors, achievements
- 2012 (winner): National Film Award for Best Children’s Artist, Fiesta de Chillar (2011)
- 2004 (winner): STAR Parivaar Award for Favorite Chhota Bachcha, Kasautii Zindagii Kay (2004)
- 2004 (winner): Indian Telly Award for Best Child Actress, Kasautii Zindagii Kay (2004)
- 2018 (winner): The Trial Deliberation Contest at the International Summit
- Song: “Good For You” by Selena Gomez
- T.V. series: Friends (1994-2004)
- Travel destination: Swiss
- Fashion trend: Off the shoulder
Shriya owns a red Maruti Suzuki Baleno.
Facts / Trivia
- Shriya is also known by the name of Shriyu.
- He loves to play billiards.
- Shriya is a brilliant student and scored 95% on the 10th standard and 91% on the 12th standard.
- Apart from studies, Shriya is also good at sports such as basketball and soccer. Before turning to acting, she also trained as a national swimmer.
- Shriya is an experienced law graduate who has interned with the country’s leading law firms, non-profit organizations, and international organizations. Shriya was also seen escorting Indian Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad at the SIAC-India Summit.