Shravan Rathod is an Indian composer and music director who is popularly known for being part of the iconic music composer duo, Nadeem-Shravan. In April 2021, he was hospitalized in Mumbai after being diagnosed with Covid-19.
Shravan Kumar Rathod, aka Shravan Rathod, was born on Saturday, November 13, 1984 (66 years old; from 2020) in Mumbai, India. Her zodiac sign is Scorpio. Shravan Rathod became interested in music as his father was a classical music teacher. Shravan began practicing at a young age under the guidance of his father.
Height (approx.): 5 ′ 8 ″
Eye color: Black
Hair color: Black
Family and caste
Fathers and brothers
Shravan Rathod’s father’s name is Pandit Chaturbhuj Rathod. He has two brothers, Roop Kumar Rathod and Vinod Rathod.
Wife and sons
He has two sons, Sanjeev Rathod and Darshan Rathod.
Shravan made his music industry debut as a songwriter with Nadeem Saifi, another musical composer in 1972, and together they formed the iconic Nadeem-Shravan duo. The first composition made by the duo was the song ‘Kashi hile, Patna hile’ for the Bhojpuri film Dangal (1979). The song was sung by popular replay singer Manna Dey. In 1985, Nadeem-Shravan launched the first commercial project ‘Star Ten’, and the songs on the album were composed using bansuri, sitar and shehnai. The songs on the album were sung by famous actors such as Anil Kapoor, Jackie Shroff, and many more. Nadeem and Shravan recorded their first independent song under Gulshan Kumar’s T-Series recording label. Later, they made a full album of songs for the movie Aashiqui, which was directed by Mahesh Bhatt. Over the years, Nadeem-Shravan had composed music for various Hindi films, such as Saajan (1991), Deewana (1992), Raja (1995), Raja Hindustani (1996), Raaz (2002), and many more. The duo had worked on more than 150 films together, but in 2005, they decided to separate and Shravan focused on building his son’s careers in the Hindi film industry.
Awards, honors and achievements
- Filmfare Award for Best Musical Director in 1991 for Aashiqui
- Filmfare Award for Best Musical Director in 1992 for Saajan
- Filmfare Award for Best Musical Director in 1993 for Deewana
- Filmfare Award for Best Music Director in 1997 for Raja Hindustani
- 1997 Star Screen Best Music Director Award for Raja Hindustani
- Star Screen Award for Best Musical Director in 1998 for Pardes
- Zee Cinema Best Musical Director in 2003 for Raaz
On April 19, 2021, Shravan Rathod tested positive for the Covid-19 virus and was hospitalized in Mumbai. Unfortunately, he passed away on April 22, 2021 after suffering multiple organ failure and cardiac arrest. The news was confirmed by his son, Sanjeev and he said:
My father tested positive after visiting the Kumbh Mela in Haridwar. We had never thought that our family would have to go through such difficult times, my father passed away, I am Covid positive and my mother too. My brother is also positive and is in home isolation, but since our father died, he is allowed to do the final procedures to perform the last rites for our father, “he added.
Facts / Trivia
- Shravan is a spiritual and religious person by nature, and he practices meditation. You think it helps you improve your efficiency at work.
- In an interview, Shravan said that his subconscious brain is always inventing rhythms for music and writes that melody. He said during the interview that because of this, the duo have prepared over a thousand songs over the years.
- In 1990, Nadeem-Shravan’s compositions were facing a difficult time as none turned out to be a huge success song. To earn money, Shravan decided to start a ready-made clothing business called ‘Composers Collection’.
- The duo were responsible for the musical direction of the 2002 thriller Raaz. The music composed by them was even appreciated by the English singer, musician, film producer and composer Sir Paul McCartney.