Rajiv Kapoor was an Indian film actor, producer and director. He was the youngest son of legendary Indian actor and producer Late Raj Kapoor.
Rajiv Kapoor was born on Saturday August 25, 1962 (58 years old; at the time of death) in Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Virgo. He studied at Our Lady of Perpetual Soccor School, Chembur, Mumbai.
Height: 5 ′ 7 ″
Eye color: Brown
Hair color: Black
Family and caste
He was born into a Punjabi Khatri family.
Fathers and brothers
Rajiv was born into the famous Kapoor family in Bollywood.
His grandparents were the legendary Indian actor Prithviraj Kapoor and Ramsarni Mehra.
His father, the late Raj Kapoor, was a premier Indian actor and filmmaker. His mother’s name is Krishna Kapoor. His brothers Randhir Kapoor and Rishi Kapoor worked as actors in Hindi films. He had two sisters, Ritu Nanda and Rima Jain.
His uncles were the famous Indian actors Shammi Kapoor and Shashi Kapoor. Rajiv was the uncle of Kareena Kapoor, Karisma Kapoor, Ranbir Kapoor, Aadar Jain and Armaan Jain.
Relationships, wife and children
After dating the Indian architect Aarti Sabharwal for two years, the couple married in 2001. Rajiv’s father was not happy with their marriage. Their marriage did not last long and the duo divorced in 2003. After their divorce, he was linked with Indian actresses such as Divya Rana and Nagma. The couple has no children.
In 1983, he made his acting debut in the Hindi film ‘Ek Jaan Hain Hum’ in which he played the role of Vikram Saxena.
He appeared in some Hindi films such as ‘Mera Saathi’ (1985), ‘Ram Teri Ganga Maili’ (1985), ‘Angaarey’ (1986), ‘Hum To Chale Pardes’ (1988) and ‘Naag Nagin’ (1989). ).
He worked as an executive producer and editor on Hindi films such as ‘Henna’ (1991), ‘Prem Granth’ (1996), and as a producer on ‘Aa Ab Laut Chalen’ (1999). He was also the director of the popular Hindi movie “Prem Granth” (1996). His last film as an actor was ‘Zimmedar’ (1990).
- Food: Fish, Prawns, Khichdi
- Film: Mera Naam Joker (1970)
On Tuesday, February 9, 2021, he passed away due to massive cardiac arrest.
Facts / Trivia
- His birth name was Virgoan Rajiv.
- He was reportedly regarded as the least popular son of showman Raj Kapoor.
- His family and friends used to call him Chimpu.
- According to some sources, in 1981, Raj Kapoor wanted to cast Rajiv in a movie titled “Bus Conductor”, but the project was shelved.
- Some of his daring scenes with the Indian actress Mandakini in the Hindi film ‘Ram Teri Ganga Maili’ (1985) received great reviews. According to some sources, he was upset with his father as the lead actress of the movie Mandakini received more attention after the movie became a hit.
- In one of the episodes of the English talk show ‘Rendezvous with Simi Garewal’, he appeared with his brother Rishi Kapoor.
- In 1996, he was producing a television series titled “Shaadi Ka Season”, but the series was scrapped.
- He was often seen drinking alcohol at parties. Once, he created a ruckus on the flight after getting drunk.
- In an interview, he shared that he had seen the Hindi movie ‘Mera Naam Joker’ (1970) more than 150 times.
- He was a foodie and loved to eat non-vegetarian food.