KC Bokadia is a veteran Indian film director, producer and screenwriter. He has worked as a producer on many popular Hindi films such as ‘Pyar Jhukta Nahin’ (1985), ‘Teri Meherbaniyan’ (1985) and ‘Naseeb Apna Apna’ (1986).
Kistur Chand Bokadia was born on Thursday, February 10, 1949 (72 years old; from 2021) in Merta City, Nagaur District, Rajasthan. Her zodiac sign is Aquarius.
Height (approx.): 5 ′ 7 ″
Eye color: Black
Hair color: Black
Family and caste
He was born into a Marwari Jain family.
Fathers and brothers
He has four brothers, Gautam Bokadia, MC Bokadia, Ratan Kanwar Bokadia, and DC Bokadia.
Relationships, wife and children
He has two sons, Pramod Bokadia and Rajesh Bokadia. They are both Indian film producers.
Once, while traveling on a train from Rajasthan to Madras, he met the owner of the film production company Golden Studio, who arranged his meeting with the Indian film director VK Raman. He started working with VK Raman in the Hindi movie ‘Rivaaj’ (1972), but VK Raman dropped out of the movie. He then met another famous Indian film director, K. Asif, and worked with him on many blockbuster Hindi films. He has directed many films in Hindi such as ‘Insaniyat Ke Devta’ (1993), ‘Mohabbat Ki Arzoo’ (1994), ‘Zulm-O-Sitam’ (1998), ‘Deewana Main Deewana’ (2013) and ‘Dirty Politics’. (2015).
His first film as a producer is’ Rivaaj ‘1972, and some of his popular films in Hindi as a producer are’ Aaj Ka Arjun ‘(1990),’ Phool Bane Angaarey ‘(1991),’ Police Aur Mujrim ‘(1992),’ Lal Baadshah ‘(1999) and’ Pyaar Zindagi Hai ‘(2001). He has also served as a director on the Tamil film ‘Rocky: The Revenge’ (2019) and the Telugu film ‘Namaste Nestama’ (2020).
He has worked with many famous Indian actors such as Rajnikanth, Jackie Shroff, Rajesh Khanna, and Amitabh Bachchan.
Facts / Trivia
- According to a leading newspaper, he is known as “the fastest producer to make 50 movies.”
- Following the sudden disappearance of renowned Indian director K Asif in 1971, he completed and released K Asif’s last film ‘Love and God’ (1986).
- He is the owner of the film production company ‘BMB Music & Magnetics Ltd.’
- He had issued three checks worth Rs 7.55,000 to Baldev Shahani, a film financier in April 2004, but his checks were bounced and Shahani approached the metropolitan court. Bokadia was summoned three times by the court, but did not respond. Later, KC Bokadia was arrested in a check bouncing case.
- According to one of his interviews, he didn’t like anyone calling his name without greeting him.
- In an interview, he shared that after his film ‘Hum Tumhare Hain Sanam’ (2002) did not do well at the box office, one of the film’s actors Shah Rukh Khan refused to collect his fees.