Emma Coronel Aispuro is the wife of Mexican drug lord Joaquín Guzmán (commonly known as El Chapo). She became a media sensation during El Chapo’s trial in 2019 in New York when Dámaso López Núñez, a close associate of El Chapo, testified that Emma was involved in the planning and conspiracy of El Chapo’s audacious escape from prison. high security Altiplano de México in 2015. On February 23, 2021, she was arrested in Virginia after being charged with drug trafficking charges.
Emma Coronel Aispuro was born on Monday, July 3, 1989 (31 years old; from 2020), and is a native of Sinaloa, Mexico.
Height (approx.): 5 ′ 7 ″
Hair color: Black
Eye color: Black
Family and ethnicity
Fathers and brothers
His mother’s name is Blanca Estela Aispuro, while his father, Inés Coronel Barreras, is a former high-ranking leader of the ‘Cartel de Sinaloa’ criminal syndicate and a convicted drug trafficker. His brother’s name is Omar Coronel Aispuro.
Relationships, husband and children
In November 2007, Emma Coronel Aispuro married Joaquín Guzmán (commonly known as El Chapo), the former leader of the Sinaloa Cartel, an international criminal syndicate. El Chapo is considered one of the most powerful drug traffickers in the world. Together they have twins Emali Guadalupe Guzmán Coronel and María Joaquina Guzmán Coronel.
In 2007, Emma Coronel won a beauty pageant at the Coffee and Guava Festival in Canelas, Durango. Although she is an undeniable beauty, the legitimacy of her crown was questioned as she won the title only after hundreds of gunmen flooded the city on motorcycles, and Chapo himself flocked to town to throw an extravagant party to announce his intention to marry Emma. .
From then on, she worked as a model for various brands. In 2019, she appeared as a guest on the American reality series Cartel Crew, which featured the lifestyle of people who had connections to drug cartels or criminal syndicates.
- On Monday, February 22, 2021, Emma Coronel Aispuro was arrested at Dulles International Airport in Virginia for participating in a conspiracy to distribute cocaine, methamphetamine, heroin, and marijuana for import into the United States. The United States Department of Justice has revealed that she is scheduled to appear in federal court in DC by video conference. In addition to the drug trafficking charges, she is also charged with conspiring to get her husband to escape from the high-security Altiplano prison in Mexico in 2015. In January 2016, El Chapo was arrested again in Mexico, and in 2019, He was sentenced to a life sentence of 30 years at his trial in New York.
- Despite hearing of El Chapo’s cruel accounts of murders, rapes, and claims that he had spied on Emma and other lovers, she continued to support him throughout the three months of his trial in New York. In an interview, she said:
I don’t know my husband as the person they are trying to show him, but rather I admire him as the human being that I knew and married ”.
Facts / Trivia
- He likes to consume alcoholic beverages.
- Emma Coronel Aispuro was only eighteen when she married El Chapo, who was in his 50s at the time of their marriage.
- He has dual citizenship of the United States and Mexico.
- He has a butterfly tattoo inked on his shoulder.