Cho Yeo-jeong (also spelled Jo Yeo-jeong) is a South Korean actress and is internationally famous for her role as’ Mrs. Park ‘in the Oscar-winning film “Parasite” (2019).
Cho Yeo-jeong was born on Thursday, February 19, 1981 (39 years old; as in 2020) in Seoul, South Korea. Her zodiac sign is Aquarius.
He studied at Bundang Daejin High School, Seongnam, South Korea.
He majored in theater arts at the Seoul campus of Dongguk University. He did his master’s degree in performing arts at the Seoul campus of Dongguk University.
Height: 5 ′ 4 ″
Eye color: Brown
Hair color: Brown
Family and ethnicity
Not much is known about his family. She was the second of her parents’ four children. Her father and mother divorced for financial reasons, and Yeo-jeong and her siblings currently live with their mother.
- Didim 531 Entertainment (until 2013)
- High entertainment (current)
In 1997, at the age of 16, she began her modeling career and appeared as the cover girl for CeCi Magazine. She appeared on the MBC children’s variety show ‘Ppo Ppo Ppo’ in 1997 as the youngest ‘Sister Ppomi’.
She has hosted shows like Fairyland Ggumdongsan (2001), Girls on Top – Season 2 (2010), and O’live Beauty On-Air (2011). She made her acting debut with the 1998 show “Three Men Three Women” in an uncredited role.
She appeared in very small roles in many K-dramas, You Don’t Know My Mind (1999), Roll of Thunder (2000), Jang Hee-bin (2002), South of the Sun (2003), Terms of Endearment (2004) ), So In Love (2006), War of Money: The Original (2008) and The Road Home (2009). In 2011, he appeared in a lead role in the K-drama “I Need Romance” as “Sunwoo In-young”.
After that, she starred in many successful Korean series such as Lovers of Haeundae (2012), Divorce Lawyer in Love (2015), Love in the Moonlight (2016), Ms. Perfect (2017), Beautiful World (2019), and Woman. of 9.9 billion (2019). He has also participated in reality shows such as 21st Century Committee (2001), Soulmates (2003), We Got Married – Season 1 (2008), Fox’s Butler (2010), Law of the Jungle in Caribbean / Maya Jungle (2013), and Surfing House (2019).
He made his film debut with “A Perfect Match” (2002) as ‘Min-ah’.
She then went on to play the main character of ‘Yeon-hee’ in the movie “Vampire Cop Ricky” (2006). In 2010, she rose to fame with her role as an ambitious lower caste Joseon woman, ‘Chun-hyang’ in the film “The Servant.”
He has acted in several successful South Korean films, The Concubine (2012), The Target (2014), Casa Amor: Exclusive for Ladies (2015), and Parasite (2019).
In 2005, she performed in the musical theater “Grease” in which she played the title role of “Sandy”. She has written a book entitled ‘Healing Beauty’ which was published in 2013. The book focuses on Cho’s advice on health and beauty, and her acting career over the 16 years of her career.
Besides acting, she is also a good singer and sang the soundtrack of her drama “I Need Romance” (2011): “Aegyo (Charm)” along with Kim Jeong-hoon (actor and singer). She has also sung “Winter Story” from Eyagi Entertainment’s Christmas single in 2011. In 2019, she was seen in the music video for JY Park’s hit song “Fever.”
Awards and Achievements
- Screen Actors Guild Awards for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture for the Film “Parasite” in 2020
- Chicago Film Critics Association Awards for Best Supporting Actress for the film “Parasite” in 2019
- Korea Film Critics Association Awards for Best Supporting Actress for the movie “Obsessed” in 2014
- SBS Entertainment Awards- Popularity Award for the show “Law of the Jungle in Caribbean / Maya Jungle” in 2013
- Style Icon Awards – SIAs Discovery in 2011
KBS Drama Awards
- Excellence Award, Actress in a One Act Drama for “Babysitter” in 2016
- Excellence Award, Actress in a medium-length drama “Perfect Wife” in 2017
- Top Excellence Award, Best Actress for “Woman of 9.9 Billion” in 2019
Blue Dragon Movie Awards
- Popular Star Award for the film “Servant” in 2010
- Best Actress for the movie “Parasite” in 2019
- In 2013, when his contract with his agency, Didim 531, was expiring, he began to have contact with Spring Entertainment. Therefore, the Korea Entertainment Management Association prevented the actress from signing with Spring Entertainment and also banned Spring Entertainment from the association for two years. After his contract with Didim 531 expired, he signed with Neos Entertainment.
- In 2018, she was involved in a controversy related to fraud allegations against her father. His father had borrowed a sum of 300 million won (1.77 million rupees) from Mr. A, who reportedly suffered financial damage due to the matter. Mr. A contacted Yeo-jeong’s agency High Entertainment to get in touch with Yeo-jeong. After the matter came to light in the media, High Entertainment issued an official statement apologizing to Mr. A for his father’s irresponsible action; promising to solve the matter as soon as possible. Later, Yeo-jeong met Mr. A, apologized to his family, and told him that he would return their money.
- Rap artist: Kang Hee-gun
Facts / Trivia
- Cho Yeo-jeong likes to exercise, read, and cook.
- She is an animal lover and has a pet named Ang-yo.
- She played the title role of ‘Mrs. Park ‘in the film Parasite (2019), which won the Palme d’Or at the Cannes Film Festival in 2019, and the Academy Award for Best Picture in 2020.
- She is often seen drinking alcohol numerous times with her friends.