Anant Tyagi is an Indian presenter, commentator and emcee on Star Sports. He has worked as the main presenter for Indian Soccer Competitions, Indian Super League (Soccer), IPL (Cricket), ICC Cricket World Cup (Cricket), ICC Champions Trophy (Cricket) and Rio Olympics.
Anant Tyagi was born on Sunday, November 23, 1986 (34 years old; from 2020) in New Delhi. Her zodiac sign is Sagittarius. His hometown is Mumbai. He did his initial education in Delhi. When Anant was 11 years old, his parents enrolled him in Dehradun’s The Doon School (boarding school) as they wanted him to balance academics and sports. While in school, he got involved in sports such as field hockey, tennis, and track and field and wanted to become a tennis player. After completing his studies, Anant went to Hindu College at the University of Delhi to obtain a Bachelor of Arts and Honors in Economics. Then he went to Jamia Millia Islamia from New Delhi to do a masters degree in mass communication. Later, he attended the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), London, to pursue a course in Digital Communication and Multimedia. Thereafter, he worked as a business analyst at Centrica, a gas company in London for approximately two years. Once, while Anant was having lunch with one of his friends, his friend suggested that he audition for a Hindi commentator on ESPN-Star Sports. He attended the audition and landed a commentary stint for the English Premier League.
Height (approx.): 5 ′ 9 ″
Hair color: Black
Eye color: Dark brown
Family and caste
He was born into a middle-class family in Bhopal.
Fathers and brothers
His father is a former banker. Not much is known about his mother. He has a younger sister, Manjula Tyagi.
Relationships and wife
Anant married his girlfriend, Sagarika Chettri (sports presenter), on Sunday, December 20, 2015.
Anant began his career as a Hindi sportscaster with ESPN Star Sports in 2013. He has hosted sporting events such as the Barclays Premier League. In 2014, he joined Star Sports and hosted the Indian Super League in Hindi. After that, he did a lot of non-live sports shows in English. Subsequently, he began hosting the live broadcast in English.
In 2017, Anant introduced the Indian Premier League (IPL) for Hotstar. As a sports presenter, he has hosted many sporting events such as Indian Super League, IPL, ICC Cricket World Cup, ICC Champions Trophy, and Rio Olympics.
He has interviewed many well-known sports personalities such as Nadia Comaneci (gymnast) and Vishwanathan Anand (Chess Grandmaster).
- Travel destination: Austria
- Sports venue (s): Wankhede Stadium in Mimbai, Mumbai Football Arena
- Sports personality: Roger Federer (tennis player)
Facts / Trivia
- Anant Tyagi likes to travel and watch movies in his spare time.
- He is an avid animal lover and has two cats as pets.
- Anant has hosted the Indian Super League for five seasons and has hosted around 300 matches through 2019.
- Anant was a Junior Head Boy at his school in Delhi. He remained the Head Boy at The Doon School, Dehradoon.
- Anant was one of two students in The Doon School’s 75-year history to earn the 3 Blazers Awards, the ‘Scholar’s Blazer’ for being good at academic and extracurricular activities, the ‘Games Blazer’ for being good at sports, and the ‘Duke’s Blazer’, the international award for young people (as of 2003).
- Anant’s paternal grandfather, Dushyant Kumar, was a famous poet, and his maternal grandfather, Kamleshwar, was an author who wrote such films as Aandhi (1975). His maternal grandfather was awarded Padma Bhushan.