Aditi Govitrikar is an Indian actress, supermodel, psychologist, philanthropist, and physician who is best known for her work as a psychologist. It has proven useful in transforming people’s lives and has inspired many through its chat shows and campaigns.
Aditi Govitrikar was born on Tuesday, May 21, 1974 (46 years old; from 2020) in Panvel, Bombay. He completed his studies at Barns High School in Panvel, Mumbai. He had a great interest in studies and decided to pursue MBBS at The Grant Medical College, Mumbai. Aditi has several degrees, having completed a Master of Psychology from Indira Gandhi National Open University, Positive Psychology from Harvard University, Postgraduate in Counseling from the Tata Institute of Social Sciences and a Master of Liberal Arts (ALM), Psychology, from Harvard University. Extension School. Along with academics, she also developed an interest in modeling and later followed acting and modeling as her career. She mainly gained attention in this field after winning the Gladrags Mega Model Contest in 1996, and the awards for best body and face in the Asian Super Model Contest in 1997. She is considered the only Indian supermodel who is a doctor and has obtained the award qualifications from a psychologist too. Business Today magazine titled it ‘Beauty With Brains’.
Height: 5 ′ 7 ″
Eye color: Natural green
Hair color: Dark brown
Family and caste
Aditi comes from a Chitpavan Brahmin family of Central and South Asian descent. Before marriage, Aditi was a Hindu, but after marrying a Muslim boy, she changed her name to Sara Lakdawala, thus converting her religion to Islam.
Fathers and brothers
He has a younger sister, who is a model, film and television actress, and a brother, Alpan Govitrikar. In 2019, her father passed away after a chronic illness. He was hooked up to a ventilator and was admitted to Panvel Hospital in Maharashtra, where he later died.
Relationships, husband and children
Aditi, while in college, met Muffazal Lakdawala, who was also taking MBBS at The Grant Medical College, Mumbai. He was a Muslim and they dated for seven years. Later, they married in 1998. After changing her name to Sara Lakdawala, she continued her Aditi name in the entertainment industry. The couple went on to have two children together, a daughter, Kiara, and a son, Zhiaan. In 2009, the couple divorced because their relationship was unsuccessful; however, they did not reveal much about the reason for their divorce. According to Aditi, it was a difficult and unpleasant time for her. Later, Muffazal decided to remarry and went on to have a second marriage to Priyanka Kaul in Goa in March 2011. He has three children from Priyanka Kaul.
He lives in an apartment in Bandra, Mumbai.
She made her acting debut with the Telugu film Thammudu in (1975) in which she played the role of “Lovely”.
He made his Punjabi debut with the film Myself Ghaint (2014) in which he played the role of “Aditi”.
In addition, he made several films such as De Dana Dhan (2009), Paheli (2005), December 16 (2002) and Bheja fry 2 (2011). These movies helped her gain more popularity.
He made his television debut with the series Aktion unlimited (2003) in which he played the role of “Aditi.”
- Title of ‘Gladrags Mrs India’ held in Mumbai, India (2000)
- ‘Rajeev Gandhi Award’ in the category of ‘National Personality of the Year’ (2001)
- Title of ‘Mrs. World ‘held in Las Vegas, Nevada, United States (2001)
- PETA Humanitarian Award (Humanitarian of the Year)
- Kingfisher Model of the Decade Award (Model of the Decade)
- Award for ‘Maharashtra Ratna’ in the category of ‘State Personality of the Year’
- Titled as the ‘Partner for Pride of the Nation’ award for the Leadership in the Principles of Women’s Empowerment category by the 12th Asian Business and Social Forum (2019).
Note: He has many more awards and accolades to his name.
In 2009, on season 3 of Big Boss, Aditi Govitrikar and Tanaaz Currim embarrassed Raju Shrivastav at a pool party at Big Boss’s house by pulling down their shorts. This act was highly criticized in the media.
- Film: Munna Bhai MBBS (2003)
Facts / Trivia
- Aditi is the first and only Indian to achieve the Mrs World title.
- He endorsed several international and many well-known brands such as Coca-Cola, Chopard, Fendi, Harry Winston, Phillips, Eureka Forbes, Shopper’s Stop and many more.
- In 1997, she was cast as the lead in music videos such as ‘Kabhi to Nazar Milao’ by Adnan Sami and Asha Bhosle, and in 2000, ‘Aaeena’ by Jagjit Singh.
- Aditi fervently promotes PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) and in 2000, she campaigned for the same through a photoshoot titled ‘Let vegetarianism grow on you’ in which she is seen wearing a tight dress. made from lettuce created by ace. fashion designer Hemant Trivedi. She strictly follows a vegetarian diet and even considers non-vegetarian food to be a problem for human health. While talking about the diet, Aditi said:
As a doctor, as well as a model, I know that eating vegetables is the first and most important ingredient for staying in shape. If you eat chicken or other meat, you are consuming toxins, fats, and cholesterol. Vegetarian food contains all the vitamins and protein you need to be at your best. “
- She is an animal lover and has a dog in her home.
- Despite being an actress and model, Aditi has never put aside her medical career, continuing her further studies at various colleges and universities in India and abroad. With her educational qualifications, Aditi wanted to contribute to society and so far she has run many campaigns and chat shows to educate people about their mental health. Later, she started her own YouTube channel, “Lighthouse Counseling Center,” where young people and couples can discuss their individual problems and empower them to face their future struggles and problems. Thereafter, she began appearing on a “Dr A Talks on Instagram Live” chat show, every day at 6pm on InstagrmLive, where several celebrity guests joined her and discussed their issues. In addition, he has conducted workshops in various towns and cities in India focused on physical and mental well-being. According to her, this has been beneficial for many people, as they have overcome depression and anxiety by speaking and following her guidance.
Hello everyone .. I hope we are well. I am excited to announce my #DrAtalks today’s guest: the very quirky, witty and famous Indian #actor, #funny, #mimicry artist, RJ and VJ @sureshnmenon.
A lot of fun awaits you! To live #Instagram Today at 6 PM. See you there! #SureshMenon pic.twitter.com/uhCypIkV79
– Dr. Aditi Govitrikar (@aditigovitrikar) December 19, 2020
- In September 2020, Aditi tested positive for COVID-19 as he had arranged a meeting on August 27, 2020 at his home in Bandra. Arjun Kapoor and Malaika Arora were also said to be present at the house party. Later, both were affected by the virus. Aditi’s apartment was also sealed by the BMC. She had a mild body ache and was self-quarantined at home.